Thursday, December 6, 2012

Stuffed Peppers


My sons whipped up a batch of stuffed peppers for dinner not too long ago.  I think they look like they are having way too much fun.  I better get them to do the cooking more often!

Wash sweet peppers and slice in half.  Remove seeds.  Brown the ground meat in frying pan with the onions.  Add the taco seasoning, a little water if needed and black beans.  Stuff the peppers with the meat mixture. Cover with cheese.

½ pound cooked ground turkey
½ pound cooked ground beef
1 packet of Taco Seasoning
1 small white onion minced
1 can drained black beans
pepperoni slices (optional)
Cover with shredded cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 mins or until bubbly and peppers soft.  Serve with salsa and sour cream.  

Gwyneth

3 comments:

  1. Gwyneth, I made these last week and 4/5 of my family loved them. (the 5th one exists on bagels and cereal anyway) Thank you for a great new supper meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is wonderful these young fellows like to cook. Bell peppers are so good, but they do not agree with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make stuffed peppers too, totally different so will try this recipe. We love them. Your boys ARE having fun!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover