Thursday, December 13, 2012

Friendly Village in a Woodland Tablescape

We are sharing with you another tablescape from our church's ladies evening, Sights and Sounds of Christmas.  

Johnson Brothers introduced their Friendly Village pattern in 1952.  It is one of their top two selling patterns.  This very popular set is a family heirloom in many homes, like the Old Country Roses that we showed you recently.  Janet-Lynn set this table with dishes that belonged to her mother and grandmother.  Now she is the proud owner of these beautiful dishes.

Photobucket

Burlap, birch, cranberries, and fresh greenery are all pulled together into a fabulous woodland centerpiece.  

Photobucket

I love the way she used different sizes of the burgundy plates.  Some stacks have a smaller one in between the two Friendly Village pieces.  Other stacks have a larger one.  (see below).  It is wonderful to mix and match your dishes.  Never feel you can't use dishes because you don't have the exact number you need.  There is always a way.  The burgundy plates bring out the same color  in the Friendly Villages pieces.


Photobucket



Photobucket

The sweet little candle wreaths on each plate continue the woodland theme.  Gorgeous!

I remember my mother-in-law using her Friendly Village dishes.  Do you have this pattern?  Share with us how you came to own it.  Did it belong to a loved one and they gave it to you?

Tanya

Photos courtesy of Nicole Payzant Photography.


Don't miss the "Five Days of Giveaways" here at Take Six next week.

Joining:
Homespun Christmas

11 comments:

  1. I love this pattern but do not own it, I also always loved Old Country Roses and had an opportunity to buy it at very discounted prices years ago, but didn't take it. Oh well. This table is gorgeous. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what a gorgeous tablescape! Your dishes are stunning, and all the details it has, like the fabulous centerpiece, it's simply perfect! Happy holidays.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WISH I had these plates, they are beautiful! Of course I do NOT need anymore dishes:):) This tablescape is gorgeous and i LOVE the tiny wreaths. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favourite china patterns. What a beautiful table your friend has set. I have 2 dinner plates that are summer themed I guess. One was my mother's and one my mother-in-law's. I really like them but have never used them as that is all I have. I really love the Christmas or winter theme the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your table and the Friendly Village pattern. Sure wish I owned a set of them. The cranberries are a perfect centerpiece for your table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Absolutely gorgeous. You are giving me serious table envy. Someday, perhaps, if I'm lucky, I'll be able to start collecting beautiful pieces like these!! Thanks so much for sharing at the Homespun Christmas Party
    ~April
    htpp://dimplesanddelights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tablescape. I have those dishes. They are so charming. Beautifully put together with a festive spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty table. I love the birch logs on the table- adds the perfect element. Susan @ Romancing the Home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely....I have service for 8 of the pattern....been collecting for years....my aunt has a set she bought in Canada...and I love it...BUT .... I have never thought to pare it with red/burgundy..... Now I am soooo inspired.... Thank you for the post.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Friendly Village dishes are very pretty, especially so when paired the burgundy plates. Gorgeous table scape!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! What are the burgundy plates you used?

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover