Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Decorating with Dishes

We 
have had
some wall repair 
and painting done 
in our home the last couple
weeks.

Can you say, unbelievable dusty mess!!!

Normally, I would begin decorating for Christmas right after my birthday in mid-November.  This year has been a bit different.  So I have parred back my decorating a bit.  Today I am sharing a few things I have done in the dining room.  My dishes are the decorations this year.  



I pulled out my red and white transfer ware, and a couple pieces of green and white.  It was fun arranging them in my opened cupboard in the dining room.  I found most of it thrift stores.  The red majolica plate below is from my set of Christmas dishes.  


A little tree from my Christmas village in a teacup!



I picked up this small wooden sled a couple years ago on an end of season clearance.  What a cute holder for a stack of dessert plates.

I've got a Christmas tablescape idea floating around in my head.  I will be pulling things together soon for that and sharing it with you!   

Tanya





7 comments:

  1. It is hard to get i the mood to decorate with repairs going on. I like what you have done so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the way you have used so many different plates together of the same colour scheme. Very pretty! What an adorable little sled you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be relieved that the renos are done. I love all your pretty plates displayed in your cabinet. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tanya you have done a beautiful job! Having a love for dishes always makes decorating with them fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful, Tanya!!

    xoBarb

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover