Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Real Women: Real Life ~ Depression #4



Welcome to entry #4 of our dear friend's journey
 through depression.




The mind is closely linked to depression.  I’ve learned how very true this is from personal experience.  The more negative my thinking is the more depressed I become and the more depressed I become the more negative my thinking is.  It’s a vicious cycle, but it doesn’t have to be this way nor is it part of God’s plan for my life.
I am learning to gain control of my mind by the power of God’s Word and positive thinking.  This takes a lot of discipline and hard work, but it’s worth it – my mind plays a huge part in my life.  God wants me to enjoy my life and live it to its fullest.  I can’t enjoy life when I’m spiraling out of control with negative thinking, it just can’t be done. 
            One way the enemy tries to destroy me is through negative thinking.  He has studied me for years and knows my weaknesses well.  I am learning to become more aware of his tactics and relentlessness.  I am also learning how to apply truth from God’s Word.  This is so important to do and I shouldn’t ever give up doing this – the devil hates it because he realizes he’s losing the battle.   Recognizing that my mind is a battlefield that Satan daily wages war upon and developing healthy mind-sets  and right thinking is crucial when dealing with depression.  When I’m having a rough day it is extremely hard to fight back, but I must – and I’m able to with the weapon of God’s Word.

(2 Cor. 10: 4-5)
“The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world.  On the contrary they have divine power to demolish strongholds.  We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”

(Eph. 6:12)
“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realm.”

(John 8:32)
“Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.”




Two titles that are worth reading again and again to help in this area are:

Battlefield of the Mind  by Joyce Meyer

Power Thoughts by Joyce Meyer

Until next Tuesday,
Real 4 Him  :)

Read Entry #1 Here
Entry #2 Here
Entry #3 Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover