Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Dancing Queen...


I took the opportunity, one evening this summer, to attend the live Mamma Mia musical. 
If you are familiar with the group ABBA, you know that this musical features their music.
It's BeBoppin music. I love it.
Although there isn't anything in the storyline of Mamma Mia that a person couldn't also find in a storyline within the pages of scripture - this isn't a biblical musical. 
Which is why I was taken off guard when I found Him there, all throughout that 2 hour show.
Let me explain...

I was on vacation. And was beginning to feel rested. I was out of my normal routine and far away from my daily responsibilities. 
You know how this feels. 
Psalm 23:1-3
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.


I was with a great friend. A sisterfriend. We've known each other for years, are completely comfortable with one another, and have many commonalities. She is a gift.

I hope you have a sisterfriend.

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 


The talent of the actors amazed me. First of all, they posses the ability to get on stage, throw caution to the wind, and becoming someone other than who they are. I can't make myself be someone other than myself to save. my. soul. Acting is something I just. can't. do.

The costumes and the set were so eye catching. While I am neither a carpenter/builder nor a fashionista it certainly is terrific that others are all that and more.

Are you ever thankful for the gifting/talents of someone else?

Psalm 139: 13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Good music. Every time a different ABBA song was performed I sooooo wanted to sing along. (you would've, too) However, I behaved myself and sat quiet throughout the entire show... until the encore. When the cast came back on stage and began singing, I immediately got my groove on. Singing to the top of my lungs, I was...  Dancing Queen, Young and free, Only seventeen...

Music. It just takes us places. 

Have you ever been surprised by what song YOU could sing and worship God with? I have.

Psalm 104:33
I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
It was a great night. I had a blast. And would go again in an instant.
Thank you, Father
for vacation
for sisterfriends
for uniqueness and creativity
for music.
and for bringing them all together in the span of two, fun-filled hours. 
  
Lisa

PS: You can dance, You can jive, Having the time of your life...

1 comment:

  1. I may be going to see that show next month and I just watched the movie on the weekend! Loved the music.

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover