Welcome to our last Soup's on! In the spirit of "keeping it real" around here, we wanted to let you know that the soup we had planned for this week...well, um...flopped!! I pretty certain there was an error in the recipe.
Since there isn't always time in one's week to have a "redo", we are sharing a recipe that was just given to us by our cousin's fiance. We were talking about homemade soups at a family get-together last week, and Anjelica shared this favorite of hers. Having not had a chance to make it yet, there is no picture. But we know you will love it! Thanks Anjelica!
Spicy Chicken Soup
- 2 quarts water
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 5 cubes chicken bouillon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1. In a large pot over medium heat, combine water, chicken, salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, onion powder and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 1 hour, or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken, reserve broth. Shred chicken.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in olive oil until slightly browned. Stir in salsa, diced tomatoes, whole tomatoes, tomato soup, chili powder, corn, chili beans, sour cream, shredded chicken and 5 cups broth. Simmer 30 minutes.
Have a great weekend,