Thursday, December 1, 2011

Easy Gift Idea #2

Sometimes a long hot soak in the tub is just what we need to relax and rejuvenate us to keep going.  This time of year we especially need it.  We have lists a mile long of things to accomplish, and our calendars are dotted with events, Christmas parties, concerts, etc.  


This bath soak is perfect after a long day, or before a late night.  It is a great stocking stuffer, hostess gift, or a little something for that person that has everything!


Bath Salts




Soothing Bath Soak

4 cups Epsom salts
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup sea salt
2 TBS dried herbs (finely ground)




I gathered all the ingredients in a big bowl and stirred it together.  





I choose not to add the herbs, as I didn't want them floating in my bath water, but you may not mind that.    


I used my canning funnel to put 1 Cup amounts in small cellophane bags. 



Instead of the herbs, I added 2-3 drops of Lavender fragrance in each bag.




Each bag was tied with a soft pink and rose colored ribbon.  


Doubling the "recipe" gave me 10 - 1 Cup bags.  Each bag is good for 1-2 baths. The longest part of making them was tying the ribbons on the bags.  It is such an great gift, and today is December 1st.  Time to get serious about our Christmas gift ideas. You will definitely want to make lots, so you can keep some for yourself! 


Joining:

8 comments:

  1. Hi Tanya,
    A very good idea...
    Love the touch of Lavender, very soothing!
    Just what I needed for stocking stuffer ideas.
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya, this sounds just heavenly. Thanks!

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how easy and looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am a nightly tub soaker. Just can't relax without it. Some night I'll be too tired and think that I'll skip it. Almost always I end up jumping up and getting in. The bath salts so wonderful. What a wonderful gift idea. Thanks for sharing. And yes, I will be keeping some for myself! Thanks for your visit to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I need that long soak today. I am like most people during this season, very busy and tired. Your soak sounds wonderful and would be a great gift, as you said. Thanks for your nice comment.--------- Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taking a bath is one of my favourite things to do.

    KB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did this 8-9 years ago to make as gifts for my daughters grammar school teachers and other school staffers. I purchased little glass 'rose bowls' at the dollar store (I think I bought 6) and enough epsom salt to fill each of the containers. A few drops of red food coloring and about 5 drops of blue and it made the prettiest lavender color. Mixed everything so color was uniform and added the lavendar oil. After the bowls were filled I let them air for a day as I cut lace circles (from fabric I already had) about twice the diameter of the bowls to cover the bowls and then tied off with pink, lavendar and blue ribbons. My daughter was in 3rd grade at the time so she helped stir the mixture and later tie on gift tags. I couldn't find the 'scoops' I wanted, so I included instructions 1/4-1/2 cup per bath. The entire project cost me less than $12.00 for 6 gifts.They act as air fresheners in the bathroom as well, but many of teachers remarked how much they loved that my daughter and I did something holiday-ish together and enjoyed the fragrance in their soak! It was fun!

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover