Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Toothy Grin - Fun for children!

Eating healthy...the battle of the ages!!
  It is amazing how quickly our little ones become addicted to that sugary treat,
as opposed to the fruit that we start feeding them as babies.  

I saw both of these treats on the internet, and immediately thought,
"Oh I wish I had some little ones to make these for".  
But I thought of all the mothers of young children in blogland,
and decided to make them anyway.
As I finished inserting the last of the "teeth" my 18 yr old walked into the kitchen.
"Oh, can I have one of those," she said. 
I gladly shared my "toothy grins" with her, and for just a second 
she was that little toddler with the great big grin and chubby cheeks again!


Sometimes they find it just as hard to "grow up" as we do to " let them"!!! 






Apple slices, peanut butter and mini marsh mellows 


*****
This next snack is just as easy and healthy!



 I do not eat peanut butter due to a severe allergy to any type of nuts.  Recently, I have started eating Soy Butter.  I really like it, and hubby tells me it tastes the same as the "real thing", except it is made from soy beans. In our area, some schools do not allow any nut products in the children's snacks and lunches, due to children with the same allergy as I have.  This is a perfect option for those children who love PB & Jelly!





Apple, Apple
(Tune: Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star)
Apple, apple on the tree,
I know that you are good for me.
You are fun to munch and crunch
For a snack and for my lunch.
Apple, apple on the tree,
I know that you are good for me. 


When my children were small we used to like printing off coloring pages from the internet.  It was a new coloring book every day!  Check out these apple coloring pages.

Joining:
Delight Me Tuesday
Permanent Posies Link Party 
Passionately Artistic 
Whole New Mom 
Rednesday

5 comments:

  1. OH my gosh, I love the lips!! I will definately be making those---healty and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great post. Yes, the litle ones grow up much too fast. My first ever to see a treat with teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! What sweet little snacks! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea. I will have to remember them when my DGChildren are alittle bit older!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Those fruity treats look delicious. What a fun way to encourage kids to eat fruits.

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover