Friday, July 8, 2011

Nod to the Nations


I can hardly believe that we are one week into July already. I'm not entirely sure where June went. We had our second high school graduate this year. So June was filled with exams, prom, and grad. We also opened up the trailer, and hubby and I have celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary! Phewf!!

This post is as close to a table scape as I have done since Father's Day. For those of you who know me well, it will shock you to know that we headed to the trailer on July 1 and I did not even do a Canada Day table scape!! I am known to be quite a patriotic Canadian. So I promise to do better next year!






After our daughters graduation, we went out for Chinese food, and then back to our house for cupcakes! Her school color is blue, so I pulled out a small embroidered card table tablecloth that I picked up at the thrift store. I put a picture of our daughter on a plate stand, and some little gold star candles in front of it. When we returned from the graduation ceremonies, her boyfriend stuck her grad hat on top of her pic to make it look like she is wearing it!!





I love these cute little grad cupcakes that my sister, Lisa, ordered for the occasion. Too cute!

This week, I decided a change was in order. I left the tablecloth, but as a nod to Canada Day and Independence Day, I filled my rustic tool box with some red, white, and blue transferware.
(Better late, than never...right?)







O say, does that Star-Spangled Banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?


***


With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.


Joining:

Saturday Night Special
Seasonal Sunday
Sunday Showcase Party

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely post and tribute to two wonderful nations. Congrats to the new graduate and on your anniversary.. Many blessings, marlis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the new graduate. Happy anniversary to you! And all of this around Canada Day and the 4th of July! Celebrate!!! Have a great week!
    (Love those cute cupcakes)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the wooden box with the dishes and flowers. Just stunning. Thanks for sharing! I saw your link at Sunday Showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this look and the little wooden box is so cute.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dish box! Thanks for visiting! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your graduation cupcakes look so wonderful. I love your pictures. Hope you had a wonderful Canada Day. Stop by and visit sometime.

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the box of transferware. Thanks for the follow, I am so delighted to be following back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely way to display the old red, white and blue! Oh, and congrats to your graduate, Happy Anniversary, and a late Happy Canada Day!
    Happy REDnesday,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your nod!
    GIVE ME RED RIBBON

    Give me red ribbon to tie in my hair,
    Not yellow or purple or green;
    But burgundy, chestnut, carmine or rose—
    These are the colors with sheen!

    Give me red ribbon to tie in my hair,
    Not saffron or opal or blue;
    But fuchsia, magenta, ruby or blush—
    Something of sanguinous hue!

    Give me red ribbon to tie in my hair,
    Not indigo, azure or grey;
    But scarlet, vermilion, dahlia or pink—
    Colors like these make my day!


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Narrow Red Alley

    ReplyDelete
  10. This tablescape is so pretty. I really like it a lot and I am thinking I may go and get some of my transferware out and put it on my coffee table. Really - it is just lovely. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to the new graduate, and appy anniversary to you and happy birthday to our two great countries in this month of July!

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover