Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Here, or there...

You've been here before - at the place where your mind races faster than your fingers can type, or your hands can pack, or your feet can dance. We've all been there at some point in time.
I'm there now.
It feels like my mind is going one thousand miles a minute.
It isn't, you understand. Just feels that way.
I have lists everywhere. My lists have lists.
HOW did I get here - or is it there, again?
If I'm completely honest with myself, during these "mind races faster than fingers" times what has actually happened is that I've allowed myself to get caught up in my own agenda, my own abilities, my own schedule. This leaves very little room for God's agenda, God's abilities (which are far above any ability He has given me) and God's schedule.
No matter the number of times I promise myself that I'm going to begin living in the moment - starting riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight NOW! - I end up flying into the future, forgetting about today and inevitably expect tomorrows results, yesterday. Hence, mind racing, hands packing, feet dancing, lists on top of lists.
Then I read, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, yes, and forever." (Hebrews 13:8) and "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:6).
Exhale.


Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Guilty. Many blessings, Marlis - great post by the way.

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover