Thursday, December 23, 2010

Mary - the mother...

Not unlike many of you, Mary was a mother.
She was choosen to be the mother of Jesus.

So, what's it like? Being a mother, I mean.

the best ever?
the scarest ever?
the most work?
the happiest experiences?
more than ever imagined?
the most heartbreaking?
exhausting?
absolutely rewarding?

I imagine that you are imagining moments of motherhood that fall into each one of those descriptions.

I believe mom's are awesome.
My mom is awesome.
My sister's are awesome moms.
You are an awesome mom, too.

There are three particular verses, found in the book of Luke, that speak about Mary. They are my favorites - in regards to her. From the words written about her, one could certainly assume that she would have been an awesome mom as well.

Let me share.

Luke 1:38
"I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." Then the angel left her.

Luke 1:45
"Blessed is she who has believed what the Lord hs said to her will be accomplished."

and

Luke 2:19
"But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart."

Oh that I would be a servant of my Lord, everyday.

That I would believe He will do what He says He will. And not doubt.

Oh that I would, intentionally, treasure events and situations from my life - and the lives of people I love - for the purpose of pondering God's wisdom and leading.

Thank you Mary, for being the wife and mother you were. But especially for being such a woman of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover