Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"Catch a Man" Blueberry Muffins

One day last month I started thinking about my grandmother's blueberry muffin recipe. I don't believe I have made the muffins or seen the recipe since she passed away in 1998. My brother loved them, and when ever I made a batch, he told me that they would "catch me a man" some day. Well, I got a man without the muffins, however, I wanted to make them again and I had to do some hunting to find the recipe. Thankfully my aunt Maisie had the information I was looking for.

I did not make the muffins right away but was spurred to bake them after my kind neighbor, Tom, boosted my car (another story unto itself ) on a sunny Wednesday morning so I could get to Women to Women. I made the muffins to thank Tom for His kind deed. I received a good review from both Tom and his wife.





The recipe is as follows:

Cream 1/2 cup margerine and 1 & 1/4 cup of white sugar
Add: 2 eggs and mix well.
Sift: 2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of of baking powder
1/2 teasponns of salt

Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with 1/2 cup of milk.

Fold in 2 1/2 cups of blueberries

Put in muffin tins and sprinkle each muffin with white sugar ( ~ 2 teaspoons should do all 12 muffins)

Bake @ 375 for 25 minutes.

Yield: 12 muffins



Try them! Let me know if you catch a man.

6 comments:

  1. YUM!!! Thanks Chris. Recipes from years gone by are such good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're in the oven right now!! I wanted to bake something with Blueberry's today, and was going to look for a recipe, when this showed on my google reader!! Thanks for sharing, the dough tastes VERY yummy already!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I should bake some muffins tonight, and the next night, and the next night, and, and, and... aaaaaaaahahahahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU CHRIS!!!! :D
    I took them to small group tonight, here's one of the comments:
    "you should bake for Tim Hortons, These muffins are so much better then theirs!"

    Francien

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover