Friday, August 6, 2010

Singing to the world, singing, singing...

It seems like each of my summer vacations, for the past three years,
is delightfully marked by new music.
2008 was the sound trac from the movie Momma Mia.
2009 was a new Rascal Flatts CD.
2010 I am almost... I said almost... embarrassed to say has been Barry
Manilows greatest hits. Totally serious!

Some of you might not know him, but others of you know exactly what
I'm talkin about...

Oh Mandy
Even Now
Copacabana
Can't Smile Without You
I Write the Songs

So there I was... driving down the highway, going pretty close to the
speed limit, windows down and the breeze blowing all through the car
(and through my long, flowing blond hair) enjoying a most beautiful sunny day,
and anticipating a stay at an absolutely lovely seaside cottage
"Singing to the world, singing, singing. Singing to the world,
singing, singing" at the top of my lungs!

Could you hear me?

I wanted to remember the moment, it was a great moment. I wanted to
mark it in time and hide it away in my memory for those less than
exciting, long, cold, dark days of winter.

So I looked at my watch.
It was 2:30 PM.
And at that very second... at 2:30 in the afternoon on July 21st this thought went through my head... here I am enjoying a pretty near perfect moment - what will
2:30 in the afternoon, on my first day back to work feel like?
(

Then, immediately, this thought followed
ughhhhh!
I don't know. Stop thinking about it. Enjoy right now. Enjoy right
now. Enjoy right now.


Maybe you are like me in that your mind is always thinking of THE
NEXT. The next "whatever". And, not so much on the now. Always THE
NEXT.

Force yourself to enjoy THE NOW in today. I did... that day.
I turned Barry up as loud as my stereo system would allow and we sang more duets
than I could count... Singing to the world, singing, singing...

This day belongs to the LORD!
Let's celebrate
and be glad today.

Psalm 118:24 CEV

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh Barry. . . I LOVE my Barry CD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh!! I love zooming down the highway on a sunny summer day with the stereo blasting!! Can't say Barry Manilow would make my playlist, tho! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover