Monday, July 19, 2010

What is your language?


Three years ago my husband and I did a study called The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman. At that time, we were married 9 years and we thought we communicated well enough and showed each other love in ways we felt was meaningful. We truly learned so much from doing this study together and taking the Love Language Quiz. We discovered which love language we needed to speak and which one was needed. The 5 languages mentioned in the book are Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service and Physical Touch. My husband's languages are "Physical Touch" and "Quality Time". Mine are "Acts of Service" and "Quality Time". I now understand why he likes to always sneak up behind me and cuddle. It is not to take me away from "important" tasks but to fill that need of physical touch. I always remind him when he takes out the trash that he is speaking my language and he chuckles. Since we have started using practical but powerful ways to express our love to each other, we have noticed an extra special spark in our marriage. Want to know your or your spouse's love language? Go to www.5lovelanguages.com and take the simple Love Language Quiz. I hope everyone enjoys speaking a new language they might not have spoken before.


1 comment:

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover