Friday, July 23, 2010

Many hands make... less weeding... Part 2

We have recently done some landscape work around our church building.

Are you familiar with landscaping, first hand?
Oooooo my aching arms, legs, and hind end. Muscles I had never used before, nor fully understood that I owned, ached.
Can you relate?

I felt old and very out of shape.

It's funny though, because when I made the statement that I had no arm strength, a faithful 'worker outer' asked me if I was interested in changing that fact. To which I replied, "No, not in the way you do!"
Hummmmmm... I wonder if lifting a spoon, laden with DQ Ice-cream, all the way up to my mouth, would a good exercise make? I'll try that out and let you know!

Anyway, as we were weeding, another person said this, "How like us and our sinful nature are those weeds... no one had to tell them how to grow, they just appeared. And boy do they take a lot of hard work to get rid of."

There we have it... sinful nature... weeds... our natural bent to gossip, judge, swear, covet, act ungrateful for our blessings, demand our way and the list goes on and on. Weeds.
And so much work to pull, to change, to get rid of, IF we want to get right to the root. Which, as we all know, ensures the best results.

Nothing good is ever easy.

Remember, weeds just appear. Remember, weeding takes work.
And know that landscaping leaves absolutely beautiful results.

Is there a landscape you wish looked different, in your life?
What weeds are you pulling this summer?

1 comment:

  1. I've been weeding quite a bit lately and I have never thought of it in this light. Thanks for making me think about it.

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover