Friday, July 9, 2010

Veggies Anyone?


I have always wanted to grow my own vegetable garden and this year I finally took the plunge! My husband filled the garden with soil and I eagerly raked and prepared the soil for the vegetables. My daughters wanted to help every step of the way and I wanted them to participate in our first family garden. We chose peppers, lettuce, celery, beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, pumpkins, squash, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, jalapenos, zucchini and red cabbage. Quite the ambitious garden for my first time but I am so excited that I just planted everything I could get my hands on. It will be so fun to go out to my garden and pick my salad for supper. I will also enjoy watching my children getting tomatoes for snacks. I excitedly await the first sign of a veggie. As I was writing this, I thought it would be nice to use my garden's harvest to make connections with neighbors and treat them to a basket of veggies on their doorstep. What a great way to let my neighbors know I care about them and show them love in the simplest way. Maybe this garden won't just yield veggies but also some new friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover