Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Forget your umbrella...

Last evening I read from a Bible version that I am not familiar with. And I came across a verse that jumped off the page at me. I love when that happens as it assures me that the Word is living and that God is personal.

Here’s the verse:
“For God has imprisoned all in disobedience, so that He may have mercy on all.”
Romans 11:32

Pretty amazing, eh?
I underlined it and circled the words “all”.

Then I went back to my good ol’ faithful version to read it again, in words that were more familiar to me.

Guess what? I had it underlined there too - with the word “WOW” written in the margin. It seems to have struck me at another point in time as well.

I am imprisoned, and yes, it does feel exactly that way sometimes, so He can have mercy on me. This also means that you are imprisoned so that He can have mercy on you.

Your mercy is falling, is falling, is falling. Mercy is falling like a sweet, spring rain. Mercy is falling is falling all over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover