Monday, June 21, 2010

It's Monday and I Just Can't BEAR It!

If you've been to my house lately you'd see that I have a little taste of Christmas still kicking around. On my kitchen window sill sits some cute little festive-like bears spelling out the words "Merry Christmas." I'm ashamed of it....sooooo ashamed but I'll be darned if I'm taking them down. Six months ago...SIX! I asked my dear dear husband to get the box for me for them, from the high up Christmas box in the basement. He kept forgetting...and forgetting...and forgetting...and so began the saga of the festive Christmas bears. Now we treat them like a joke. Who will bend and take down the bears first? But it's no joke. We both suffer from EXTREME stubborness. I'm sure in his head he wonders why I don't just climb up and get the box myself, and I just don't understand how someone can forget THAT much. So there they sit, in all their holiday glory. Now, seeing as how my dear husband rarely looks out that window, I fully realize that the problem is mostly mine (mostly). Until I bring it up, he doesn't even remember they're even there. This morning I looked at them and thought, "it's a new week, I should start off Monday right and take those down." Yes, that's what I thought. But I couldn't, nope I couldn't. Being stubborn is a terrible disease, and I KNOW I'm not the only one out there who suffers with it. How would our lives...our relationships be different if being stubborn just wasn't a factor? If we could just admit when we're wrong, be the bigger person, ask for forgiveness when it really was our fault?? I can't imagine how frustrating it much be for Jesus to watch us doing such ridiculous things for the sake of stubborness. It's a disease, but a curable one. I can't say I'm cured, or will be anytime soon, but maybe by the next time I talk to you I can bring myself to take...down...those...BEARS!

3 comments:

  1. It's ok Jennifer. . . I usually take a spurt of listening to Christmas music in July. This year I will know someone else has the "spirit" with me!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, the Christmas bears...it wouldn't be your house without them (or some pumpkin clad teddy bear / scarecrow door hanger) kickin' around in the summertime. Oh Kohlers, how we love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just think - you'll have less decorting to do in December. And, if you leave another "something" up after Christmas 2010, you'll have even less to do the following year. You are really... saving time!

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover